Sunday, January 21, 2018

RemARKable Ink Big Blog Hop-Valentines



Welcome to the January Blog hop featuring Valentines.  
Do you create Valentine cards  for those you love?  Do you decorate your home or office for Valentines Day?

I remember when my kids were small we always took a day to create hearts to decorate the windows in our living room.  This tradition stopped as they grew up and our lives got busy, but I plan to bring  this tradition back with my Grandson this year.
I want to share a card I created for a special family member- my aunt who turned 90 and is living in an assisted facility.  I always try to create something special for her.  Here is the card I created:

The Painted with Love Suite on page 18 & 19 of the Occasions Catalog is amazing!  Any paper with a metallic touch is a must have for me!  There is gold metallic in this DSP- I added a layer of Gold Foil Paper and then Gold embossed the greeting and outer edge of the heart.  There are also Gold metallic hearts on the card.    The stamp set is called Sure Do Love You (#145763-wood or #145766- Clear) and the DSP is Painted with Love Specialty DSP (#145580)

Valentines don;t need to be hearts- so I also created 2 other cards using a non-Valentine Stamp set.  These cards will be going out to other family members,


Both cards use the Petal Palette Bundle (#145973-wood or #145974-Clear) on page 22& 23 of the Occasions Catalog.  I used Powder Pink and Bermuda Bay for the card bases and I also sponged these colors onto the black and white Petal Passion DSP (#145589).  The greeting is from the stamp set Ribbon of Courage (#143852-wood or #143855-clear) from the annual Catalog-page 96.

Hope you enjoyed!  Blessings, Missy
Hop over to Beth's Blog to continue.







13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Missy! Your aunt will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! And you are sooo correct.....No need to make hearts for Valentine's Day when you have beautiful creations like these two cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to create valentines for my single girlfriends. It's nice to receive a card and know someone cares.

      Delete
  3. Love the Petal Palette Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 great cards and all so different. Thanks so much for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Retired Stampin Up For Sale

Best Time of the Year!

Tuesday, Jan. 5th is the day!  The Jan- June Mini Catalog goes live.  As a demonstrator I was able to preorder and I have been creating with...